How this Stupid A/B Split Test Created 50% Increase In Conversions
Article about how exactly a unanticipated A/B test that we never expected would work while selling our ebook marketing training program resulted in a massive improvement in signups
Since you probably have gathered over the last few months of reading my e-mail messages
I really like testing things.
There's not a squeeze page that I have generated that hasn't undergone a certain amount of testing and measuring.
It's amazing a huge difference you could make with a simple split test.
For clarity - that's what happens when divide the traffic you're getting to your page ( let's say for example a website page) over two to three different variants of that page to check if you can find a particular formula of language, colors, design and calls to action that perform even better than others.
That is defined by a single goal: a subscriber list subscription, a purchase, a facebook page like… whatever you are attempting to achieve.
So on one of my internet sites I have done nothing but test like crazy just for the fun of it and the other day something worthy of note happened…
Usually on a lead capture page I would be looking for a way to achieve a signup…
So for that reason I wouldn't usually have anything on that page that didn't lead straight into accomplishing that purpose.
I favor clean uncomplicated design and minimal graphics except for those that are working to convert people to my list.
For example this new page I created I had already tested the headline (which is normally the beginning of the process I start)
Then, using the best headline , I tested the CTA over the button…
Then using the best headline and the best call to action I tested text on the button: Get instant access
Send an email to Delmar Fillion of Valuable Financial Investing And Individual Retirement Accounts