France Cards and Payments Market 2020 Emerging Trends & Forecasts Report
View as PDF
Latest market research report on "The Cards and Payments Industry in France: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2020" published at OrbisResearch.com --
GlobalData's "The Cards and Payments Industry in France: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2020", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the French cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debits, check payments, payment cards and cash transactions during the review period (2012-2016).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, and transaction values and volumes during the review period and over the forecast period (2016-2020). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalData's research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
Banks and payment solution providers are launching new solutions to benefit from a growing preference for alternative payments. In March 2015 Sweden-based mobile payment (m-payment) solution provider Seamless launched its mobile app, Seqr. Following which, the functionality of Paylib was expanded in May 2016, allowing users with compatible Android mobile phones to make contactless m-payments of up to US$19.0 (EUR20) at 470,000 merchants. Apple launched Apple Pay in July 2016 in partnership with some of the country's largest financial institutions. Request a sample of the report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/267068 .
The emergence of digital only banks is likely to accelerate a shift towards electronic payments in France. In January 2016, telecom operator Orange France acquired Groupama Banque to create Orange Bank. Orange mobile phone customers can directly subscribe to banking services through the network's mobile app, via the website, or at 140 accredited stores. In December 2015, German-based financial service provider Number 26 launched its mobile-only bank in France.
The introduction of maintenance fee on saving and current accounts by major banks is anticipated to bring more competition in the French debit cards market. With profit margins shrinking and interest rates low, banks are introducing account fees. BNP Paribas introduced a US$2.4 (EUR2.5) basic account fee in November 2015. Similarly, BNP Paribas, Société Générale and Caisse d'Epargne Île-de-France introduced current account fees in the range of US$14.3-28.5 (EUR15-30) in February 2016. Banque Postale raised account fees from US$4 (EUR4.2) to US$5.9 (EUR6.2).
This report also provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the French cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the French cards and payments industry, including debit, credit and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debits, cash transactions, checks and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the French cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards.
- The competitive landscape in the French cards and payments industry.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the French cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for the French cards and payments industry for 2016, and forecast figures to 2020.
- It details the different demographic, economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting the French cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the French cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the French cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the French cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in France.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the French cards and payments industry.
Purchase a copy of the report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/267068.
Table of Contents:
Table of Contents
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
1.1. Market overview 2
1.2. Key facts 4
1.3. Top five industry events 5
2. PAYMENT INSTRUMENTS 12
2.1. Current payment environment 12
3. E-COMMERCE AND ALTERNATIVE PAYMENTS 14
3.1. E-Commerce market analysis 14
3.2. Alternative payment solutions 16
3.2.1. Paylib 16
3.2.2. SlimPay 16
3.2.3. PayPal 16
3.2.4. Apple Pay 16
3.2.5. Visa Checkout 17
3.2.6. MasterPass 17
3.2.7. Seqr 17
3.2.8. paysafecard 17
3.2.9. Boku 18
4. REGULATIONS IN THE CARDS AND PAYMENTS INDUSTRY 19
4.1. Regulatory framework 19
4.1.1. SEPA cards framework 19
4.1.2. Implementation of the payment services directive (PSD) 20
4.1.3. Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2) 21
4.1.4. Interchange fee regulation 22
4.2. Anti-money laundering 23
4.3. Foreign direct investment (FDI) regulations 23
5. ANALYSIS OF CARDS AND PAYMENTS INDUSTRY DRIVERS 24
6. PAYMENT CARDS 27
7. DEBIT CARDS 29
7.1. Debit cards market analysis 29
7.2. Competition in the debit cards market 31
7.3. Debit cards comparison 32
8. PAY LATER CARDS 33
8.1. Pay later cards market analysis 33
8.2. Competition in the pay later cards market 35
8.3. Pay later cards comparison 37
9. PREPAID CARDS 39
10. MERCHANT ACQUIRING 40
11. APPENDIX 43
11.1. Abbreviations and acronyms 43
11.2. Supplementary data 44
11.3. Definitions 59
11.4. Common payment card features 60
11.5. Methodology 61
11.6. Bibliography 63
11.7. Further reading 63
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Name: Hector Costello
Organization: Orbis Research
Address: 4144N Central Expressway, Suite 600
Phone: +1 (214) 884-6817
Source URL: http://marketersmedia.com/france-cards-and-payments-market-2020-emerging-trends-forecasts-report/188394
For more information, please visit http://www.orbisresearch.com/reports/index/the-cards-and-payments-industry-in-france-emerging-trends-and-opportunities-to-2020
Release ID: 188394
Recent Press Releases By The Same User
Boating First Aid Kit Medical Grade Emergency Pack Equipment Launched (Sat 29th Apr 17)
ArticleCube Announces the Launch of New Online Content Publishing Site (Sat 29th Apr 17)
Schuneman Equipment Announces Merger with Neighboring John Deere Dealers (Sat 29th Apr 17)
Real Life Alliance Launches to Demystify Life Insurance for All (Sat 29th Apr 17)
Victory Rehab Launches Campaign to Help Athletes Prevent and Reduce Pain (Sat 29th Apr 17)
BELK Tiles Receives 2017 Best of Columbus Award Sixth Year Running (Sat 29th Apr 17)